subtitle

Life as the textile expert at a regional history museum

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Less Illustrious Discoveries

You guys. I think I discovered the ugliest dress in the collection.

BEHOLD:


Here is the rundown:
-Pea green satin and velvet combo
-Baggy/blousy top
-You can't tell from the photo, but somehow the skirt is also saggy and blousy
-Blue velvet making an appearance as the least offensive element involved
-And yes, fur trim under the collar and on the cuffs


I have, in fact, already identified the ugliest hat in the collection. I can't include a photo here because I'm afraid of what sort of black hole will be created if they appear together, but I can give you a pretty good idea. There are two stages of experiencing The Ugly Hat:

Stage 1: Spotting it on the shelf
"Who would trim ermine with gold lace?"


Stage 2: Picking it up
"AUGH THERE ARE PLASTIC FLOWERS UNDER THERE"

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHHAHAHA laughing so hard at my desk i am crying

    ReplyDelete