subtitle

Life as the textile expert at a regional history museum

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Jean, John, and Julianna

I know that the dresses at the Met Costume Gala stole the show this week, but for me there was only one red carpet look worth talking about.


This is Julianna Margulies at the White House Correspondence Dinner. I was scrolling through pictures on one of my favorite fashion websites when I saw this dress and stopped.  I know that dress.  The caption confirmed: Julianna Margulies in vintage Jean Dessès.

MOHAI has this dress!!!

I saw it a few months ago when one of my vacuuming volunteers worked on it.

BOOM

Ours has a label saying that it was designed by Dessès but made by a New York company called Vanity. That means it was probably a licensed copy of the Dessès original. The record dates it to 1955.

But Clara, does it have a Seattle story?

Miss me?

DUH. The dress also has a label from JOHN DOYLE BISHOP.

No comments:

Post a Comment